We aim to sustain and promote Christian values throughout the school journey of children and young people. For us it is an honour to support guardians in bringing up their children. High-quality education is at the core of what we do and we invest in it wholeheartedly and with all our professional skills. We have grown into a community of hundreds of children and young people. You are very welcome to join us on our journey!
Our story started with a Support Association in 1995. The following year, 1996, Eskimo Kindergarten accepted its first children.
Espoo Christian School started in 1999. The school has been in temporary premises throughout its history, for more than 20 years. We have held classes in church clubrooms, basements, in a former bank office in a shopping mall, in a former bank institute and now, since 2012, in an office building in Karamalmi.
Over the years we have grown into a community of hundreds of children and young people. Our numbers have risen every year. Our long-time dream will become reality as we move into purpose-built facilities in Matinkylä in December 2021.
A Long-Time Dream Becomes Reality
At the turn of 2021/22 our long-time dream will become reality: we will move into purpose-built facilities in Matinkylä. The safe and modern premises will enhance our operations even more.
We provide our pupils and children in early childhood education and care with versatile facilities for learning and recreational activities. We consider it important to equip each pupil with wings that are strong enough to enable them to make a difference in the world.
Join us on our journey!
Our values at Espoo Christian School are based on a Christian worldview and idea of humanity. We grow and learn in interaction with one another.
Our aim is for everyone to flourish in a safe and supportive atmosphere. We want to help deepen each pupil’s relationship with him- or herself, others, God and the surrounding world.
- We are all valuable.
- Every person is created in the image of God.
- Each of us is of immeasurable value regardless of their background or their qualities.
- We respect every person’s free will.
- Reach your full potential.
- We support the children’s development so that they discover their skills and talents and learn to use them confidently.
- Every pupil deserves to reach their full potential in all areas of life.
- We practise emotional and interpersonal skills and encourage children and adults alike to grow personally.
- We are committed to innovation and to the ongoing development of the school.
- A culture of respect.
- Together, we are building a culture of respect through encountering each other, communal spirit, integrity and compassion.
- Together, we practise the skills of living together and serving one another.
- Guardians are responsible for bringing their children up. We as a school are in a position of trust as we take part in our pupils’ education and nurture.
- Guardians have opportunities to participate in the development, organisation and running of the school.
- The school is interdenominational. We strive to learn to respect different worldviews and Christian confessions.
- We have an influence and are committed.
- We learn accountability for ourselves, others and the world around us.
- We nurture and influence by being positive role models and serving the surrounding world. We spread respect by respecting others.
- We aim at excellent education and high quality.
- We make our mark as individuals and as a community.